Each year, some 1,000 Yukoners lace up. The best part – it’s not a race. The event is fun, non-competitive, untimed and open to anyone who wants to take part.
Yukoners run, walk and bike for Mom for so many reasons – in support of a loved one, to ensure we have the best breast health care right here at home, to be part of an incredible community event and/or to get/stay active in support of a good cause.
No matter your goal, we want you to be prepared. There are a number of 5K training programs and mobile phone apps to choose from that can be tailored for your goal based on your interest or experience level.
TIPS TO GET STARTED
- Check with your doctor before starting any new fitness program
- If you’re new to running, ease into a regular routine
- Run, walk or combination of both for 20-30 minutes three times a week
- Space these days out to give yourself time to rest and recover
- Don’t worry about speed
- Give yourself about seven-nine weeks in advance of the event to prepare so you can gradually build your fitness level