Each year, some 1,000 Yukoners lace up. The best part – it’s not a race. The event is fun, non-competitive, untimed and open to anyone who wants to take part.
Yukoners run, walk and bike for Mom for so many reasons – in support of a loved one, to ensure we have the best breast health care right here at home, to be part of an incredible community event and/or to get/stay active in support of a good cause.
No matter your goal, we want you to be prepared. There are a number of 5K training programs and mobile phone apps to choose from that can be tailored for your goal based on your interest or experience level.
In Memory of one of our biggest Supporters, Wendy Callahan, Run for Mom also offers a FREE Learn to Walk/Run Clinic that usually begins a month before our Main Event. Please check our website NEWS page and our Facebook page for updates on dates, times, and locations for this clinic, as it varies annually.
TIPS TO GET STARTED
- Check with your doctor before starting any new fitness program
- If you’re new to running, ease into a regular routine
- Run, walk or combination of both for 20-30 minutes three times a week
- Space these days out to give yourself time to rest and recover
- Don’t worry about speed
- Give yourself about seven-nine weeks in advance of the event to prepare so you can gradually build your fitness level
- Join our FREE Learn to Walk/Run Clinics a month before the Main Event!